Location of the Programs:
The Carmel mountain range offers a lovely green respite along Israel’s northern coastline. With fertile vegetation, breathtaking landscape and a moderate climate, Mount Carmel is a wonderful area to visit and venture along its hiking and biking trails. Mount Carmel is also a place of ancient and modern history. It has archeological finds that record earliest human life, as well as caves and grottos in which, according to the Book of Kings, the prophet Elijah resided. The Carmel also has many trails for biking, hiking, walking, birdwatching and enjoying the wonderful views. As host to the largest nature reserve in the country, the wildlife preserve has restored homes for animals and birds that had become extinct in the area. –from Arza World
Option 1: Ecology in the Land of Israel: Hike and Learn- Four hours
A nature adventure interspersed with inspiring teaching, conversation and meditation.
• Introduction -15 minutes
• Hike-either in the form of an adventurous trail including scrambling and bouldering, or a milder hike depending on the needs of the particular group. Includes activities and exercises to promote individual awareness, group-building, and responsibility. -3.5 hours
• Conclusion- 15 minutes
Option 2: Ecology in the Land of Israel: Learning and Activities- Two hours
Inspirational text study and conversation in a beautiful natural setting. Includes activities and exercises to promote individual awareness, group-building, and responsibility.
• Introduction and opening activity-30 minutes
• Text-study session in pairs- 20 minutes
• Group Discussion-20 minutes
• Concluding activity and conversation- 20 minutes