We offer a broad range of environmental topics that can be combined with Jewish learning that relate to the tour.
Green Tech and Renewable Energy in the Golan
Learn about alternative energy in the Golan and explore Jewish values of conservation and waste reduction.
• Solar Energy in Nimrod
• Wind Farm by Avnei Eitan
• Recycling/Biogas Facility at Meitzar
• Community Waste Separation in Bnei Yehuda
Experience water and explore its deeper meaning in the Golan’s abundant waterways.
• Nachal El Al (the Black Waterfall) Time: 2-3 Hours; Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
• Nachal Meshushim (the Hexagonal Pools) Time: 2-3 Hours; Difficulty: Easy to Moderate (steep back up but easy trail)
• Ayit Waterfall to Aniam Pool Time: 3-4 Hours Difficulty: Moderate
• Nachal Zavitan to Yehudia Time: 3-4 Hours; Difficulty: Moderate
• Fresh Springs Tour Time: 1-3 Hours (depending on how many springs you prefer to visit); Difficulty: Easy
Learn about the wildlife of the Golan and explore Jewish values regarding the treatment of animals.
• Gamla (Griffin Vulture trail, Falls trail, Ancient Synagogue trail) Time: 2-4 Hours, depending on which trail; Difficulty: Easy to Moderate, depending on trail
• Moshav Nov – Stork Nest, Snake Workshop with Michael Even-Esh Time: 2 Hours; Difficulty: Easy
Explore the beauty of the Golan in full flower, visit ancient and new groves, and learn about local herbal remedies. (These trails are most full of flowers in the spring.)
• Bashan Ridge (by Alonei Habashan) Time: 2-3 Hours; Difficulty: Easy
• Nachal Meitzarim Time: 4-5 Hours; Difficulty: Moderate
We are happy to help you find the best option to make your trip as memorable as possible.